Profuturus Inventory Tracking Help
Profuturus provides a system by which the Inventory table in its database can be administrated from the web. It is the prefered method
of administering the database (as opposed to directly accessing the database) because of the nature of the Database Drivers. The Drivers may
act in a strange fashion or refuse to work if the database is modified externally and doesn't correspond to what they are expecting. For detailed
information on how each individual driver operates, you will have to look for documentation for that specfic driver.
The Inventory Table administration page can be access by clicking on the "Modify Inventory Table" link in the navigation pane
- Adding a field to the Inventory Table
- Renaming a field in the Invntory Table
- Deleting a field in the Inventory Table
Adding a field to the Inventory Table
A field can be added to the Inventory Table by using the "Add New Column" section below the list of fields that are already in the database.
To do so, follow these instructions :
- Type in a name for the field in the "Name" entry field. The valid characters are determined by the database driver.
- Select what type of data will be stored in the field. For a description of the types, see the Database Types documentation
- If your database driver requires one for the field type you selected, enter a maximum length for the field.
- Click the "Create" button. If all goes well, the field will be created and will show up in the field list. If an error occurs, you will be notified.
Renaming a field in the Inventory Table
A field in the Inventory Table can be renamed using the following steps :
- Click the "Rename" Button to the right of the field description
- Enter the new name in the input dialog box where the name of the field is.
- Click the "Rename" Button again to confirm the new name. If the name is valid, the field will be renamed, otherwise an error will show up and
you will be prompted to enter the name again.
Deleting a field in the Inventory Table
A field in the Inventory Table can be delete using the following steps :
- Click the "Delete" Button to the left of the field you wish to delete
- Click the "Confirm Delete" button to the left of the field you wish to delete. (WARNING : ALL DATA IN THE INVENTORY TABLE UNDER THIS FIELD WILL BE LOST)